Current Student and General News
Spring 2016 Admissions Deadline is November 1, 2015. Fall 2016 Admission Deadline is April 1, 2016. Applicants must complete the CSU Mentor online application by the deadline. See the Admission Process for important information. Please snail mail your application materials. Do not attend to hand deliver them to the MPA office.
Upcoming MPA Informational Sessions
Face to Face: (all 5-6 pm at SF State's Downtown Campus, 835 Market Street, SF, CA)
Wed, 1/20, Tues, 2/2 and Thurs, 3/3
Webinar (online): Tues, 2/16, 4 – 5 pm Click here for information on how to join the webinar
Read about SF State's MPA program in an interview with Dr. Gen in America City & County
Make an INFORMED Choice about the MPA program for you:
- See About the MPA degree for general information and information about MPA jobs;
- View our Introduction to SF State's MPA Degree presentation for answers to your questions;
- Our e-portfolios for examples of the kind of student work and learning YOU could be doing; and,
- Our blog for more information about our department and about the jobs obtained by our students and alums.
- The Department of Public Administration with SF State's College of Extending Learning is now offering two different Certificates of Completion in Nonprofit Management and Leadership. All courses are ten hours long, and will be held on Friday evening from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m., with an hour for lunch.