Information for Prospective Students
Make an INFORMED Choice about the MPA program for you!
MPA Program Information
New 2-year Graduate Fellowship for MPA students ! Applications due November 26, 2018 for placements beginning January 2019. See below for upcoming online information session webinars.
The Public Administration Admissions Committee will begin to review completed applications as of October 1, 2018 for the Spring 2019 admissions cycle. Applicants must submit all application materials by the November 1, 2018, deadline. After November 1st, only evaluators will be able to upload letters of reference. Admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis until available seats are filled.
The Public Administration Admissions Committee will begin to review completed applications on March 1, 2019 for the Fall 2019 admissions cycle. Applicants must submit all application materials by the April 1, 2019, deadline. After April 1, only writers of your letter of recommendations will be able to upload letters. The Public Administration Admissions Committee will make admission decisions on a rolling basis until all available seats fill.
- See About the MPA degree for general information and information about MPA jobs;
- View our Introduction to the SFSU MPA Program Presentation to for answers to your questions;
Read about SFSU's Public Administration Program:
- MPA alumni share experiences, offer advice at career panels
- MPA student tackles simulated pandemic
- MPA Students look at unique opportunity behind marijuana sales taxes
- SFSU MPA alumnus, Teresa Arriaga is the new Executive Director of Parents for Public Schools – San Francisco
- Pi Alpha Alpha Honor Society inducts 25 MPA students
- Public Administration students contribute two key research papers to statewide funding initiative
- Two outstanding students to wear College’s academic hood at 2017 Commencement
Workshops and Informational Sessions
- Attend a Prospective Student Informational Session;
- Attend a Career Development Workshop; email email@example.com for more information
- Attend a SF State Graduate Studies' Competitive Graduate Program Application Workshop
Attend Willie Brown Graduate Fellowship Informational Webinar (online only)
- Wednesday, September 19, 12 – 1 pm
Wednesday, October 3, 5-6 pm
- Learn about our new 2-year public service fellowship, open only to SF State MPA Students and applicants. The first fellowships will begin in January 2019 and go through December 2020. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Webinar link.
Helpful Handouts and Links
- View a flyer regarding the SFSU MPA program
- View a video about how to use the CalState Apply online application platform
- Review helpful tips about the CalState Apply online application process
Connect with the SFSU MPA Program
- Connect with a current student and/or alumnus of the program. Please send us your background and interest areas in addition at what point in your career are you – entry, early, mid, late/career-changer? With a bit more information, we can connect you with someone who would be able to respond to your questions. Email email@example.com your information;
- Meet with the Program Coordinator. Email Dr. Jennifer Shea to make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Test Drive the SFSU MPA Program
- Sit in on a class and experience the Public Administration Program in the classroom setting. Email email@example.com for more information
- Admissions Process
- Class Offerings
- Cost of Degree
- Financial Aid
- University Scholarships
- SF State Graduate Studies
- SF State Home Page