Prospective Student News
Spring 2018 Admission Deadline is November 1, 2017 and the Fall 2018 deadline is April 1, 2018. See the Prospective Student Page for important information on the admission process and how to make an informed choice about graudate school.
The Public Administration Program will be hosting Prospective Student Informational Sessions from 6:00 to 7:30pm on the following day at SFSU Downtown Campus, 835 Market Street
- Fri, Oct. 20, 2017- room 677
Current Student News
The MPA office will have the following office closures for Fall 2017:
o The MPA Office will be open on Tuesday, Oct. 17 from 1-6pm.
o The MPA Office will be open from 1pm to 6pm on Wednesday, Oct. 18.
o The MPA Office will open on Thursday, Oct. 19 at 12:00pm.
o The MPA Office will be open on Friday, Oct 20 from 11:00am—12:00pm and 3:00pm—7:00pm.
- The Department of Public Administration with SF State's College of Extended Learning is now offering two different Certificates of Completion in Nonprofit Management and Leadership. All courses are ten hours long, and will be held on Friday evening from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m., with an hour for lunch.
- The College of Extended Learning will be hosting Prospective Student Informational Sessions from 6:00 to 7:00pm on the following dates:
T October 17
RSVP to the informational sessions here
2017 PACE Faculty Searches
San Francisco State University, School of Public Affairs and Civic Engagement seeks applicants for three tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in:
- National security, racialization and state power beginning August 2018. Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Law and Society, Sociology, Ethnic Studies, Women’s Studies, or related field required.
- Environmental politics and policy with a specialty in urban adaptation to climate change beginning August 2018. Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Environmental Studies, Urban Studies and Planning, or related field required.
- Criminal justice administration and advocacy beginning August 2018. Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Criminology, Public Administration, Public Policy or related field required. Salary commensurate with qualifications.