Spring 2017 Admission Deadline is November 1, 2016. Applicants must complete the CSU Mentor online application by the deadline. See the Admission Process for important information. Please snail mail your application materials. Do not attempt to hand deliver them to the MPA office.
Master of Public Administration Program Prospective Student Information Sessions (all 5 – 6 pm, Downtown Campus, 6th floor):
- Wednesday, August 24
- Tuesday, September 13
- Thursday, October 6
Current Student and General News
The Public Administration Program will be closed June 15—26. The MPA office will reopen on June 27.
Read about SF State's MPA program in an interview with Dr. Gen in America City & County
Make an INFORMED Choice about the MPA program for you:
- See About the MPA degree for general information and information about MPA jobs;
- View our Introduction to SF State's MPA Degree presentation for answers to your questions;
- Our e-portfolios for examples of the kind of student work and learning YOU could be doing; and,
- Our blog for more information about our department and about the jobs obtained by our students and alums.
- The Department of Public Administration with SF State's College of Extending Learning is now offering two different Certificates of Completion in Nonprofit Management and Leadership. All courses are ten hours long, and will be held on Friday evening from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m., with an hour for lunch.
Nonprofit Management Certificate of Completion Information Sessions (all 6 – 7 pm, Downtown Campus, 6th floor):- Thursday, August 25- Wednesday, September 7- Thursday, September 29- Tuesday, October 18